You are reading

Prostitute Arraigned for Peddling Fentanyl that lead to Fatal Overdose in Queens Blvd Hotel

Crown Motor Inn (Google)

Sept. 27, 2019 By Allie Griffin

An alleged prostitute from Rego Park was arraigned this morning on charges of distributing fentanyl that lead to the overdose death of man at a Queens Boulevard motel in July.

Angelina Barini, 41, was indicted Aug. 26 with distributing fentanyl that killed an unnamed Queens man on July 11 inside the Crown Motor Inn, located at 74-01 Queens Blvd. The indictment was unsealed today in Brooklyn federal court.

Barini was remanded to custody and is scheduled to return to court Oct. 7. She pleaded not guilty. If convicted, she faces a mandatory minimum of 20 years’ imprisonment and a maximum of life behind bars.

Barini is tied to two other fatal overdoses at borough motels, including the death of a well-known Cipriani chef last month at the Kamway Lodge, located at 40-36 77th St. She is also linked to the overdose death of a man at the Airway Inn near LaGuardia Airport on July 4.

These two incidents were not part of the charges.

According to the court documents, video surveillance showed Barini and the victim enter the Crown Motor Inn together, where he was found dead from an overdose later that day. Subsequent to her arrest, she admitted to police that she had supplied the drugs to the victim.

“In her course of business as a prostitute, it is alleged that Barini gave her client a fatal dose of fentanyl resulting in his death,” said Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent-in-Charge Peter Fitzhugh in a press release.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea told reporters Sept. 6 that Barini might be tied to a fourth death.

email the author:
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG’s office launches investigation into NYPD-involved fatal shooting near Roosevelt Avenue in Corona on Saturday morning

The New York Attorney General’s Office of Special Investigation (OSI) has launched a probe into the death of Jesus Alberto Nunez Reyes, 65, who was shot and killed during an encounter with NYPD officers in Corona on Saturday morning.

At approximately 4:09 a.m. on April 20, police officers responded to 39-21 103rd St., where they encountered Nunez Reyes allegedly holding a knife. The officers repeatedly commanded him to drop the knife, but Nunez Reyes did not comply, and an officer fired at him, the AG’s office said in a brief statement. Nunez Reyes was rushed to Elmhurst Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. Officers recovered a knife at the scene.