You are reading

Fight breaks out on Roosevelt Ave., man left lying on the ground with bloody face

police car

Sept. 21, 2015 By Michael Florio

A fight broke out in Jackson Heights early Saturday morning, leaving one man with a bloody face lying on the ground.

Two men got into a heated argument that turned to blows near 78th Street and Roosevelt Ave at approximately 4:25 am, according to the NYPD.

One of the men punched the other in the face several times. The victim, 22, fell to the ground and hit his face on the street, leaving him with a bloody lip, police said.

The victim was taken to Elmhurst Hospital. The police did not know the status of his condition.

Police do not have a description of the suspect.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.

Rodrigo Salazar, a Jackson Heights resident, was walking home when he witnessed the fight.

According to Salazar, there were approximately 10 people throwing punches in what he described as a big brawl.

He called the police, who responded in minutes, he said. He recorded the aftermath of the fight and captured a video (see below) of the suspect on the ground, with a bloody lip. The police will be reviewing the footage, he said.

email the author:

One Comment

Click for Comments 

I got stabbed 6 time Sunday and it was 5 guy was that did that to me I was tried to be nice and it got wore one of them start it and told one other guy to finish me off


Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man charged with rape and kidnapping for attacks on 13-year-olds in Flushing park: DA

Ecuadorean migrant Christian Inga was criminally charged Wednesday with first-degree rape, two counts of kidnapping, predatory sexual assault, and other crimes for attacking two 13-year-olds who were in Kissena Corridor Park in the middle of the afternoon on June 13.

He allegedly held the two children at knifepoint in a wooded area where he tied the hands of the boy and girl together with a shoelace and then raped the girl.