You are reading

Faulty kitchen wires cause Jackson Heights house fire, FDNY says

Jan. 12, 2016 Staff Report

A fire that ripped through a Jackson Heights home last week was caused by faulty kitchen wires, according to the FDNY.

The fire erupted at 34-44 85th Street on January 8th at 6:04 pm, the FDNY said.

It took 106 firefighters and more than 25 units to bring the fire under control by 7:20 pm,according to the FDNY.

There was no one home at the time of the fire.

The FDNY released a tweet on Tuesday that stated that Fire Marshals found the fire was an accidental electric fire, caused by wiring in the kitchen.

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man charged with rape and kidnapping for attacks on 13-year-olds in Flushing park: DA

Ecuadorean migrant Christian Inga was criminally charged Wednesday with first-degree rape, two counts of kidnapping, predatory sexual assault, and other crimes for attacking two 13-year-olds who were in Kissena Corridor Park in the middle of the afternoon on June 13.

He allegedly held the two children at knifepoint in a wooded area where he tied the hands of the boy and girl together with a shoelace and then raped the girl.