Dec. 11, 2019 By Kristen Torres
An Elmhurst McDonald’s is being evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside the restaurant, according to an FDNY spokesperson.
The department received a call at 2:02 p.m. Wednesday alerting them of high carbon monoxide levels at the restaurant, located at 80-03 Queens Boulevard.
Officials temporarily evacuated the McDonald’s, and units are on scene waiting for the levels to drop.
It is not yet clear what caused the high levels of carbon monoxide, according to the spokesperson.