You are reading

34-Year-Old Man Shot and Killed in North Corona Saturday

iStock

Feb. 10, 2020 By Allie Griffin

A 34-year-old man was shot dead in an apparent drive-by shooting on a North Corona street Saturday.

The man was shot in the left leg and torso around 12:20 p.m. in the vicinity of Northern Boulevard and 101st Street, police said.

The victim, according to the NYPost, was riding a scooter at the time and was gunned down by bullets fired from an SUV.

EMS transported the victim to NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst, where he was pronounced dead. His identity is pending proper family notification, police said.

There are no arrests and the investigation is ongoing, police said.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

5 Comments

Click for Comments 
Pat Macnamara

They need more bike lanes in the area to reduce the amount of drive by shootings. Let’s raise taxes on the ultra rich to fund “significant investments in critical state services”

3
1
Reply
Sara Ross

At that time of day, there had to be a lot of people on the street who saw it happened and maybe caught part of a license plate number. Not to mention cameras that are around to catch drivers that are speeding. Another senseless killing in DeBlasio’s Dodge City.

33
2
Reply
Anonymous

Sarah, no one is looking at the license plate while the shots are fired. Only hope is for the cameras. This is a city that Deblacio has created.

1
1
Reply
Top Hat.

That’s not too far from Sen. Jessica Ramos office, I wonder if she has anything to say about the violence and crime in the area.

44
2
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Dozens of restaurant and small business owners urge Sen. Ramos to support the $8B Metropolitan Park proposal at Citi Field

Around fifty restaurant and small business owners from Corona, Jackson Heights, and East Elmhurst signed a letter asking state Senator Jessica Ramos to support the $8 billion Metropolitan Park proposal from New York Mets owner Steve Cohen and Hard Rock International to build a casino and entertainment complex on the parking lot adjacent to Citi Field.

Jessica Rico, the owner of Mojitos Restaurant & Bar in Jackson Heights, hand-delivered the letter to a Ramos staffer while the Senator was in Albany on April 19.

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: grand larcenies down across borough, rapes halved in the north, robberies decrease in the south

Apr. 17, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of grand larcenies across Queens was down during the 28-day period from March 18 to April 14, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Monday. At the same time, rapes and robberies decreased significantly in northern and southern Queens, respectively.