August 23, by Nathaly Pesantez
69 Coffee Shop in Woodside has been temporarily shut down by the department of health.
The shop, located at 50-01 69th Street, closed after an Aug. 21 inspection by the DOH that found 64 violations, including filth flies present in food and non-food areas and insufficient refrigeration or hot holding to keep foods at safe temperatures.
The coffee shop on the corner of 69th Street and 50th Avenue sells American and Latin fast food, including sandwiches, breakfast, and burgers.
The complete list of sanitary violations recorded for the shop is as follows, with the first four marked as “critical” by the DOH:
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food not cooled by an approved method whereby the internal product temperature is reduced from 140º F to 70º F or less within 2 hours, and from 70º F to 41º F or less within 4 additional hours.
4) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
5) Insufficient or no refrigerated or hot holding equipment to keep potentially hazardous foods at required temperatures.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.